The Old Town Bridge
Gamle Bybro (The Old Town Bridge) was first built on this site in 1681 at the same time as the Kristiansten Fort was constructed. A sentry and excise house stood at either end of the bridge. The excise house on the western side is still standing and is used as a kindergarten. The bridge and gates as they now stand were built in 1861 by Carl Adolf Dahl, the municipal officer in charge of public buildings and works.