We are looking for enthusiastic city hosts who can play a part in marketing our city!
Visit Trondheim is the destination company for organisations, institutions, companies and public bodies with interests linked to the tourism industry in Trondheim and the Trondheim region.
The company has seven full-time employees and approx. 150 partners. We operate a visitor centre for Trondheim and Trøndelag year-round, as well as guiding and hosting services for clients such as Hurtigruten, cruise, tour operators and private actors. Our task is to define and perform hosting and marketing functions, perform sales and marketing of activities and contribute towards the development of Trondheim and the Trondheim region as a tourism, meeting, culture and event region. For more information, please visit our website: www.visittrondheim.no.
Visit Trondheim has almost 3,000 hosting assignments annually and is experiencing constant growth. We need more summer employees and are now looking for enthusiastic marketers of our city to take care of our guests during the summer season 2019.
Your role as a city host for Visit Trondheim will be to take care of our guests in various environments during their stay in the city. This will range from cycling tours, guided rural and urban walks and excursions by boat and bus to various “walks” and segway tours. That’s why we are looking for people who are versatile, active and good at communicating with different people and cultures.
As a city host, you won’t have fixed working hours but will be allocated assignments based on your availability, so it’s important you are available for much of the summer season. As the position is assignment-based, it’s possible to combine working as a city host with school and other work.
We will arrange compulsory training courses in March/April. The course will be approx. 30 hours and will include elements such as cultural understanding, an introduction to Trondheim history, marketing, communication techniques and first aid.
We have a special need for German-speaking city hosts, but English and other foreign languages are also of interest.
Your personal characteristics:
- You have a special interest in the city
- You have experience with, or a natural ability to, provide service and solve any problems that arise on the spot
- You are comfortable using modern technology and social media
- You are comfortable talking to groups/audiences
- You have an active lifestyle in line with the assignments we offer
- You speak German, English or another foreign language fluently
What we can offer you:
- A varied workday in an exciting industry that’s undergoing rapid development
- An opportunity to expand your network both socially and professionally
- An opportunity to develop your communication skills
- An opportunity to acquire knowledge about Trondheim and experience-based tourism
- Competitive conditions
- The possibility of extending your employment relationship beyond the summer season as a city host or in other relevant positions at Visit Trondheim